For the golf enthusiasts, a golf course is what makes the game. Golf players will do anything to play on any of the world's best golf courses.
Golf courses have been around for centuries and some of the worlds best have histories tha go back to long gone periods and boasts of hosting some of the sport's all time legends.
It costs a lot to set up and maintain an ordinary golf course. It takes even much more to manage a world class golf course. The following are the world top 5 golf courses that stand out for their management, history, design and location;
- The Old Course at Ballybunion-This golf course is located in the west coast of Ireland. The beautiful course runs alongside the sea and has great grass work.
- Kiawah Island, South Carolina-This course hosted the PGA, USA in 2012 and Ryder Cup in 1991. It is a beautiful course that offers a good view of the Atlantic ocean.
- The West course at Royal Melbourne Golf Club in Black Rock-This can be described as the finest golf course in Australia and the surrounding regions. The design is in a huge scale with beautiful grassy ground.
- The Stadium Course at PGA Catalunya Resort- This one of the best courses in continental europe. It is located in Girona region, Spain.
- The Black course at Bethpage State Park in Farmingdale, New York-This is one of the best public golf courese found anywhere in the world. It has been described as one with some of the most challenging holes
If you are a golf player, whether professional or not, it will be great to try your skill in one of these golf courses. It will give you the experience of the sport in a completely new worlds.
Start your trip to
Let us help you plan your trip