Just the thought of savoring the best Spanish food will make your mouth water with anticipation. If you are traveling to Spain, you must visit Barcelona, one of the food capitals of the world. The city has 4 Michelin two-star and 18 Michelin one-star restaurants! The city is truly a foodie’s haven!
With hundreds of restaurant peppering the city, you might find it difficult to choose where to dine. We hope this list will help you plan your gastronomic tour of the city. Happy eating!
- ABaC. One of the finest restaurants in Barcelona, ABaC is known for its unique molecular gastronomic courses prepared by Chef Jordi Cruz and his culinary team.
- Flax & Kale. Healthy cuisine is what this restaurant offers with more than 80% of their specialties plant-based.
- One Ocean Club. For a modern twist to traditional Catalan dishes, head to this restaurant. All its dishes are made from fresh local produce.
- Batuar. Specializing on classic Mediterranean cuisine, this restaurant is open from 7am to midnight, so you can spend the whole day trying out their house specialties.
- Can Culleretes. Established in 1786, this restaurant is known for its hearty cuisine such as goose with apples, boar stew, partridge escabeche, and tender pork with prunes and dates.
- Freixa Tradició. Nothing beats traditional and authentic cuisine! You must not miss savoring their cuttlefish with artichokes, and pig’s trotters with prunes and pine nuts.
- Moments. A two-star Michelin restaurant that specializes in Catalan cuisine. Managed by chef Carme Ruscalleda , one of the most famous chefs in Spain.
- Casa Agustí. This restaurant will satisfy your craving for cannelloni, oxtail, and traditional cuisine.
- 7 Portes. Offers it diners a different paella every day. Aside from the paella, you must not miss savoring their herbed black-bean stew with pork sausage, and fish zarzuela with half a lobster.
- Café Manila. For a delightful fusion of Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine, you must dine in this restaurant at least once. The tapas are just excellent!
There are hundreds of fantastic restaurants in Barcelona. It is highly recommended that you take your breakfast, lunch or dinner in different restaurants, and go back to your favorite before leaving Barcelona. For more details, consult your travel agent.
Start your trip to Barcelona, Spain
Let us help you plan your trip